POSITION DESCRIPTION FOR ASSISTANT PASTOR IN YOUTH MINISTRY AND FAMILY MINISTTY FOR ENGLISH SPEAKING ADULTS
1. POSITION TITLE: Assistant Pastor in Youth Ministry and Family Ministry for English –Speaking Adults
2. EXECUTIVE STAFF: Div. from accredited seminary or equivalent required.
3. EFFECTIVE DATE: January 1, 2023
4. PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Accept/ follow Southern Baptist Convention doctrines.
- Be proficient in English (some knowledge of Chinese language and culture desirable).
- Be a professing, growing committed Christian of exemplary personal life.
- Be committed to a vision of spiritual outreach to and nurture of youth, as well as children and English-speaking adults.
- Have a genuine love for youth, children, and adults, with an outgoing, friendly lifestyle that encourages their friendship and responsiveness.
- Have an ability to relate to adults, youth, and children; teachable spirit and real heart for God.
- Be able to work with the staff and the Board of Deacons in expanding and implementing youth ministry and family ministry with English-speaking Chinese American adults.
- Be able to enthusiastically endorse the theological and biblical framework of the Evangelical Church.
- Have a developing maturity in decision making, problem solving, and interpersonal relations.
5. POSITON SUMMARY:
The Assistant Pastor in Youth Ministry and Family Ministry for English-speaking Adults is responsible to assist the Senior Pastor in leading the Church in the achievement of her mission, proclaim the gospel to non-believers, care for the Church and other persons in the community but especially to oversee on behalf of the Senior Pastor and the Board of Deacons the development of a well-balanced and effective programs for teen youths, English-speaking Chinese American adults and their families.
6. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Responsible To: The Senior Pastor- maintained through weekly interval reports to the Senior Pastor and Chairman of the Board of Deacons, monthly written progress reports to the Senior Pastor and the Board of Deacons, monthly church council meetings and through quarterly written performance reviews by the Senior Pastor and Personnel Committee.
- Committee Relationship: The Assistant Pastor shall be an ex-officio member of the Church Council and as such is responsible to the Board of Deacons.
7. GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
A. REGARDING BEING AN ASSISTANT TO THE SENIOR PASTOR
- To assist the Senior Pastor in leading the Church in mission to proclaim the gospel to non-believers
- To help take charge of the pulpit during worship service.
- To help provide spiritual guidance of the Church especially to the youths and English-speaking adults in the Church.
- To help provide Christian teaching of the Church.
- To provide spiritual counseling to church members especially to the youths and English-speaking adults in the Church.
- To help facilitate the administration of all church affairs through the church committees, departments, and ministerial staff.
- To help coordinate the activities and concerns of all church committees, departments, Deacons, and the ministerial staff to work together as one body to achieve the mission of the Church.
- To help take charge of Wedding, Funeral, and Memorial Services.
- To care for the Church and other people in the community.
B. REGARDING YOUTH MINISTRY AND FAMILY MINISTRY TO ENGLISH-SPEAKING CHINESE AMERICAN ADULTS
- To oversee the ministry of spiritual outreach and nurture of Middle School and Sr. High youths and English-speaking Chinese American adults.
- To develop and administer youth programs and programs for English-speaking Chinese American adults (e.g. fellowships, bible studies, retreats, discipleship training etc.).
- To build a positive relationship with the Middle School and Sr. High youths and English-speaking Chinese American adults and their families.
- To focus on Christ in each and every youth event and English-speaking adults’ event in seeking to evangelize and disciple our youths and English-speaking Chinese American adults.
- To offer a listening ear and a loving heart to our youth, supporting them in their Christian growth and struggles, referring them to their parents or provide them with counseling when they are facing significant problems.
- To generate new programs and activities to meet the needs and interests of youth and English-speaking Chinese American adults while consistently striving for excellence in those present ministries which evidence continuing effectiveness.
- To provide spiritual guidance, Christian teaching and spiritual counseling to the Youth Fellowships and English-speaking Adult Fellowships.
- To spearhead an evangelistic outreach to youth and English-speaking Chinese American adults located in the community.
- To help involve adults in working with Middle School and Sr. High youths.
- To recruit, train and motivate lay people for youth ministries – teaching, youth sponsors, and retreat workers.
- To meet regularly with those assisting in the youth ministry for vision casting, feedback, on-going training, and planning.
3. To communicate a vision for Middle School and Sr. High youth ministry that gives an overall framework to all youth activities.
- To oversee the design and curriculum of the youth Sunday School classes, youth meetings and discipleship groups
- To oversee youth socials, retreats as well as informal contacts with teens.
4. To keep abreast of current research and resources available for Youth Ministry, Family Ministry in Chinese American Christians, and Christian Education.
8. SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- To maintain regular office hours in the Church at least 20 hours a week.
- To attempt to achieve three in-depth visits with different youths and English-speaking Chinese American adults each week.
- To teach Middle School and Sr. High youths and English-speaking adults during Sunday School and bible studies of fellowship groups.
- To help coordinate regular youth activities in the Church.
- To help coordinate the seasonal church activities relate to teens and English-speaking adults.
- To help coordinate summer youth camp, vacation bible school and church family retreat.
- To coordinate the youth calendar and calendar for English-speaking Fellowships with the overall church calendar.
- To attend all Church Council meetings and General Business meetings.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com